Baked Stuffed Pineapple
Once you taste a pineapple, you’ll never go for any other fruit…
An African proverb
First called “anana”, a Caribbean word for “excellent fruit”, the name “pineapple” came from European explorers who thought the fruit looked like a pinecone with flesh like an apple. You can use a pineapple in a lot of recipes such as pies, cakes, kabobs, or salads.
Today we’re going to cook a pineapple stuffed with a beef stew. This is easy to put together but it looks like you created something special.
- large ripe pineapple
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- Cut the pineapple in half, separate the pineapple flesh from the bark and cut it into small. Set pineapple shells aside.
- Cut beef into cubes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil. Add water, ketchup and soy sauce. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Add pineapple. Fry in 1 tablespoon oil 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Fill pineapple shells with a beef-pineapple stew.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 10 minutes.
Pair it with a red wine.