Cheese and Wine/Tomatoes Stuffed with Cheese
Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches, or June and moon, or good people and noble ventures.
M.F.K. FISHER, introduction, Vin et Fromage
Last weekend we had our cheese and wine party. It’s a great combination so you can’t go wrong.
We bought wine and cheese in The Concord Cheese Shop and got a lot of wonderful recommendations on what wines pair well with what cheeses. For example, Pinot Noir is good with Swiss, Camembert, Feta, Brie, and Gruyere. You can take Goat Cheese, Cheddar, Asiago, Gouda, or Mozzarella with Pinot Gris . It’s also good to know that pairing wines and cheeses from the same region is always a good combination: French wines and Brie cheese, Italian wines and Crucolo.
I also decided to add some diversity to our party and cooked different cheese appetizers – the cheese and mushroom salad, tomatoes stuffed with cheese, and mini cheese quiches.
Tomatoes stuffed with cheese are one of my favorites.
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- capers for decoration
1. Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the centers. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese, chopped pecans.
3. Put the mixture into the tomato halves.
4. Sprinkle some capers for decoration.
You can serve it with crackers.
Bon appetit! =)
Other posts of mine you may like: